Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Crazy Airport Adventure

I’ve had close calls at airports before, but yesterday ranked up there in terms of crazy. I got off to leaving USC about half an hour later than planned because of eating, saying goodbyes, and construction.  We were on the road around 2 for my 2:50 flight. Getting to the airport was a breeze in the carpool lane. Even checking in my massive box and suitcase went quickly (although I did get the flashy “late” tags). At 2:30 I was about to enter the line for security when, patting down my butt pockets, I horribly discovered I still had Ben’s dining dollar stacked USC ID card. Phone calls later I decided I could not wait for my friends to drive back, so I handed the card to a lugged check-in lady and made a dash for security. I got directed to a short line (only 2 people ahead of me!) but in my wild rush, I forgot to take my laptop out of my bag. An officer had to take my stuff through the conveyor again, this time behind a large stroller that was practically squeezed through the machine. Time was ticking down. I slipped on my shoes and got ready to book it. Laptop and bag cleared, I sprinted to my gate and slipped on the airplane as the last person to board. 2:48 was a little too close, but I made it. Sadly, my A24 priority seating (for you non-Southwest travelers, I would be 24th to board and 24th to choose a seat) got shafted but at least my luggage and I managed to make it home together.

 Franky was not part of my original haul of luggage.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Lord Jesus! I am glad you made it home! I was actually thinking of you in class yesterday. I was like... "I wonder if Katelyn made it to her flight, because she was still on campus at 1:40!!" :( You are so crazy and I am glad you have a blog now to record your crazy adventures. So did Ben get his ID card back? Or is he dining dollar-less for the first time everrr?

    ReplyDelete