Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another Reunion, Miffy Style & Passion World Tour Tokyo

Last Saturday was jammed packed but it sure was a lot of fun! After baseball practice I met up with my friend Monica from middle/high school in Shinjuku. We went to the Shinjuku NS building for a great view of the city and a crazy inside layout.

Inside Shinjuku NS Building - looks like an indoor city. And a giant clock!

Afterward we headed over to Shinjuku Chuo Koen Park where there was a neat little waterfall and a flea market! This place was like a little sphere of green among the tall skyscrapers and busy city life.

I wanted to jump in but there was a sign.

Lots of people and lots of cheap stuff!

There were also a few skate borders but they weren't doing very well... I guess it's hard to find a place (or time!) to skate in a city like Tokyo.

Next we went to play with see the giant Miffy at Tokyo Station.

かわいいミッフィー!!

There were so many people but I managed to find an opening for Monica to snap a picture.

Heh heh heh.

Later Monica and I went to the Passion World Tour at the Tokyo International Forum. Chris Tomlin led worship and Louie Giglio spoke in between. The message was about making Jesus famous by letting God use us in whatever way, in life or even in death. This event was great despite my exhaustion at this point, and it really focused on the upcoming generation (18-25) which was cool to see. That's where our next leaders and influencers will be coming from so it's best to raise them up and look towards the future.

View from Monica's seat. Unfortunately I was sitting way more back.

The wrist band for the event. The back side says Manila 25 May - the next city on the tour.

My Urbana wrist band is getting really grody (gross) but it has actually been an unforeseen evangelism tool here in Japan. I have had various people (including people from my host family and baseball club) ask what the band is for. (my host brother's wife jokingly asked if it was for a baby) Although all I can really say (at least in Japanese) is that it was from a Christian conference, at least it puts it out there. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment